Friday, November 8

My Best DIY Facial Mask Ever!

A friend of mine sworn by the magic of Orange Juice and Baking Soda mask and I became fascinated! I for one don't like trying different products/DIY treatments on my face but, I have been having breakouts lately so I decided to give this little concoction a try.




First, I washed my face with lukewarm water,  then poured about quarter baking soda in a container and mixed the orange juice with it to make a little more fluid than a paste- so about the consistency of a smoothie. Then I spread a thin layer all over my face. I then allowed it to stay on my skin for 20 minutes. During this time, it dried quickly and made my face feel extremely tight- like, I could barely speak! Then when time was up, I put a little bit of water on my face and massaged the mask in to exfoliate and then rinsed it off. The baking soda amazingly cleared my black heads and rubbed dead skin cells off, while the citrus from the orange juice brightened my skin and made my pores tighter.

 I would recommend this mask to EVERYONE who has oily or combo skin types. If you have sensitive skin like me, just modify it to what is right for you, like I did. I don't think this is a good mask if you have dry skin, because it basically "dries" out the skin- which is not needed!

If you have tried this, please leave a comment below! I want to hear what you think about it .

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Abeg m too thirsty for d orange juice nor vex....

Larmie said...

Wud sure try it ds weekend. Thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

Lol@thirsty

Anonymous said...

Hahahah a

Anonymous said...

Will try it,hope it works thou'

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmm sounds good. Wld deff try it one of dis days cos I knw vitamin C is good fr d skin. ARA